Question

Honor Student
pepitoarroyo
Message 1 of 7 (357 Views)

printer assistant for officejet 6500 doesn't open

all of a sudden the printer assistant for my hp inkjet 6500a won't open.  I run win 7 64 bit. 

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 7 (335 Views)

Uninstall the software and drivers and re-install.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
pepitoarroyo
Message 3 of 7 (329 Views)

Re: printer assistant for officejet 6500 doesn't open

I already reintalled the program twice.  I wasn't sure that it completely uninstalled though.  How can I make sure?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 7 (314 Views)

Wen you re-install, do you install the CD, or from the website? If you download from the website, are you choosing the FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE?

Checking to see if printer drivers are gone:
1. Click Start Menu
2. RIGHT-CLICK on COMPUTER
3. Choose MANAGE
4. Click Device Manager
5. Click on VIEW (at the top)
6. Choose View Hidden Devices
7. Check under (imagine and devices, and printers to see if you see the printer there)

If they are, RIGHT click on the printer, and choose uninstall.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
pepitoarroyo
Message 5 of 7 (297 Views)

Sorry.  I discovered another fact.  (Incidentally I use the cd to install.)  This is my wife’s computer (Windows 7, 64) but I have a profile on it, and in that profile  when I open the printer icon on the desktop a black background window opens with apparently full functionality.  When I do this in my wife’s profile a white background screen opens with the printer assistant dysfunctional.  Both icons appear to refer to the same exe.  Thanks for your help, but so-far no cigar.  PA

Honor Student
tryden
Message 6 of 7 (129 Views)

I have Windows 7 and Officejet 6500A/E710 n-z.  The HPPrint and Scan Doctor stopped working about 6 months ago.  So following your instructions I've uninstalled software and drivers and reinstalled using the link on the HP site.  I installed all the components offered (I believe there were 4).  When I try to run the newly installed HP Print and Scan Dr I get a message that it has "stopped working" and Windows tries to find a solution.  None found.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Student
Gil2014
Message 7 of 7 (66 Views)

I just got the printer drivers reinstalled.  after three days of struggling with another problem. So I dont want to uininstall unless I have to.

I unistalled the printer for a different network problem, and I spend three days trying to reinstall.

Is there an easier way to get the printer assistant to open without unistalling and reinstalling, I dont feel like spending the rest of my life working on an HP PRINTER.  I dont work for HP  lol.

Rudy1906 wrote:
Uninstall the software and drivers and re-install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation