Question

Tutor
greg-g
Message 1 of 7 (238 Views)
Accepted Solution

printer driver not downloading correctly

My printer is model Deskjet 3050 J610. After I download the driver package "DJ3050_J610_1315.exe - then open it, the file that is extracted is not the printer file. Keeps wanting to install "Samsung mobile phine software".

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 7 (204 Views)

Re: printer driver not downloading correctly

Hi greg-g,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see that you are having some problems with running the downloaded drivers for the printer.
I will be happy to help you.

I downloaded the driver on my Lab with Win 7 64 bit and the software opened and installed successfully.

Check the default programs to see how the file is opened with by default.

Go to start, control panel, default programs, select Set your default programs.

I would try another browser to see if it will work properly (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer)
What web browser are you using?

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Do you have your computer setup to open programs through specific software?

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a nice day.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
greg-g
Message 3 of 7 (185 Views)

Thanks for the help. Ive tried in both firefox and internet explorer. I get the same results in both. All other exe files I've downloaded in the last few days and today all have opened corrctly. I'm only having this trouble with both the basic version driver download and the full driver download. The file downloads correctly. I get asked if I want to launch/run  the file from HP.

After the file goes through the extraction, I get asked if I want to run  Samsung Software. The name of the file has changed after it is extracted.

Thanks again.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 7 (176 Views)

Hi greg-g,

I have checked into this further to see what other options we have to try.

It might be a issue with the Windows Installer on the computer.

If you are using Windows Vista, Windows XP, you can download the Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable.

Note: Windows Installer 5.0 is released with the following operating systems:

• Windows 7
  • Windows 7 SP1
  • Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
  • Windows 8
  • Windows Server 2012
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows Server 2012 R2

There is no redistributable for Windows Installer 5.0.

Run all your Windows Updates.

Run the System File Checker Tool. Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

You could always do a system restore back to previous time when everything was working properly.

System Restore.

Let me know how this goes for you!

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
greg-g
Message 5 of 7 (170 Views)

Thanks again.

I ran the system file checker tool and it found nothing corrupted etc.

I am running windows 7 home premium service pack 1.

I have run system restore back to April 1.

Is there an aftermarket intaller that can be used to extract these files?

I am trying to load these drivers so I can again have the options to "clean printer heads" and check ink levels etc. I don't have any maintenance options. These don't appear in my software for this printer now.

Thanks for the help.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 7 (166 Views)

Hi greg-g,

I am not aware of a aftermarket installer that can be used to extract those files.

I see that you want to load the full drivers to be able to have the software to clean the print heads.

Is the printer installed right now and you are able to print?

What driver are you currently using? (Windows preinstalled driver)

I have provided a document to go through the steps to see if this will help.

Fatal Error 'Error 1603. A fatal error occurred during installation' (MSI Error 1603) Displays Durin... Disregard the title.

You can download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. It will allow you to run the printhead cleaning.

It will also have to run the extraction, it might not load either though if it is a Windows Installer issue on the computer.

Select your printer, across the top of the window, select Printer, select Printer Services, you can clean the printheads from there.

Keep me posted.

Thank You.

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
greg-g
Message 7 of 7 (144 Views)

I have run the print and scan doctor. It found nothing wrong.  I'll just leave as is.

Thanks for your help though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation