Question

Honor Student
ronronsr
Message 1 of 4 (105 Views)
Accepted Solution

printer functions

I have an shortcut icon which lookes like the printer and was identified with the printer name (HPOFFICEJET 6500E710N-2), when I clicked the icon I was taken to a page which gave me many printer functions, e.g. ink, print quality, scanner,etc.. I updated my operatiing system from windows 8 to windows 8.1. The problem is that now when I click on the same icon it does not take me to the page I want to go to but to "printer setup & software" and I can not find the previous page I was trying to get to. HELP!!! Help me find the old page and icon to get there, please. RONRONSR

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 2 of 4 (67 Views)

Re: printer functions

Hi Ron,

According to this guide I found, an uninstall/reinstall should do the trick. Please have a look: After Upgrading the Computer from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, Clicking Printer Assistant Displays a Pr...

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
Honor Student
ronronsr
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)

Your posting was very helpful. 

Thanks,

Ron SR.

Honor Student
ronronsr
Message 4 of 4 (60 Views)

I tried to give you a thumbs up. Don't know if I did it right.

Ron Sr.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation