Question

Honor Student
countrycouple
Message 1 of 5 (122 Views)

prints in wrong colors

Hello;

I have been troubleshooting my printer issues; doing the various choices available like cleaning printhead, alligning, changing all HP cartrigates, etc.  Still the copies are mostly green/yellow shade.  The test print colors are missing the pink colors.  Nothing I do seems to help. I've done the disconnect/reconnect/shutdown/restart procedure.  No issues with the nice little printer until this week.  Now seeing streaks on the page too.  Any help is appreciated.  Would you recommend scrapping it and buy new?  I hate to add to the waste pile in this country if I don't have to.  Thanks, Donna

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 2 of 5 (102 Views)

Re: prints in wrong colors

Hi Donna,

Sounds like you've done a good deal of troubleshooting already, thank you for posting that information. Can you repost which exact model of printer you have so I can see if I can find anything else for you to try?

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
Honor Student
countrycouple
Message 3 of 5 (88 Views)

The printer I have is HP3310 Photosmart.  Thanks!

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 4 of 5 (81 Views)

Hi there,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've looked up both the manual, and the troubleshooting documents on hp.com for your printer, and there doesn't seem to be anything left to do.  I also didn't notice anything written in those guides about replaceable parts, so I figure it's all built-in with nothing that can be swapped out.

Regards, Wally :smileyhappy:

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
Honor Student
countrycouple
Message 5 of 5 (71 Views)

Thanks for your help in trying to solve this problem.  It is great to know that there are others so willing to help those of us with limited understanding of technology. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation