Question

Honor Student
Angel_Ratik
Message 1 of 9 (1,252 Views)

psc 1210 driver not correctly installed in windows 7 PC

Got a new desktop in windows 7.  Tried using my HP PSC 1210 AIO but required drivers can't be installed or found.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 9 (1,222 Views)

Re: psc 1210 driver not correctly installed in windows 7 PC

Hey Angel. Well you are correct on not being able to find a driver. Thats because there isnt one :robotvery-happy: The driver is actually built into Windows 7 and does not need to be downloaded. Here is how you can install your printer on your new Windows 7 computer: The Driver for Your Product Is Included in the Windows 7 Operating System

Let me know how this works for you.

-SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Student
Sidhartha1985
Message 3 of 9 (1,086 Views)

as u said dat "The Driver for Your Product Is Included in the Windows 7 Operating System", but still i am not able to configure its settings. i installed driver from its software installation disk as well, but its not working as it works in windows XP. default print quality is "normal" (among fast, normal and best), and "normal" setting takes alot time in printing a page. and when i need to set it up to "fast draft"(which takes lesser time in printing a page), i am unable to do so, as it doesn't allow me to enter into its settings. Is it like dat HP psc 1210 doesn't support in windows 7 completely????  if it supports, please help and make me available its driver. thanku.

Tutor
KatherineYH
Message 4 of 9 (1,077 Views)

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Computers are like air conditioners – as soon as you open windows they stop working.
Honor Student
Angel_Ratik
Message 5 of 9 (1,059 Views)

I got an automated update from Windows and suddenly my printer is OK now.  Thanks for all the help. 

Honor Student
Jim_E
Message 6 of 9 (376 Views)

Did you ever resolve this?  I can't set preferences, either.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 7 of 9 (327 Views)

Hi Jim_E,

I apologize for the delay in response to your question. I would like to be able to assist you as best I can with getting your printer connected to your computer. I have included the document 'Installing the Printer Software in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection'. This will make sure that you do have installed the in-OS drivers. As well under the Frequently asked questions section, it will walk you through making sure you are set automatically receive the latest updates.

Please let me know if you have completed all of these steps.

Thank you. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Jim_E
Message 8 of 9 (313 Views)

Thanks for remembering.  I was unable to get my windows 7 to work with the hp. I was able to get it to work better with my windows 8 computer.  I don't think my driver is right.  I cannot access printing properties at all.  It is Windows 7 PRO if that makes any difference.  I would like to have it work with my 7 computer; I use two computers through the day and I had to replace a Windows XP computer which drove all my HP printers exceedingly well.  Could you send me the driver that is supposed to be with 7?  I can't find any 7 updates that mention my printer.  I was tempted to try copying the driver from the windows 8 computer but I figured it was probably wrong and I didn't want to risk it.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 9 of 9 (310 Views)

Hello Jim_E,

Thank you for that information. The only other option that you can try is to install an alternate driver. I have included the document 'Installing the Printer with an Alternate Driver in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection'. The drivers that you will want to look for is either a Deskjet 990c, or the Deskjet 9800.

Please let me know if you are able to successfully install the alternate driver, and print. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation