Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP OfficeJet 4620:

I have downloaded the files from these two links.  Neither works.  The first tells me, "extraction failed unable to open output file" and the other tells me to "verify my temp file".  I am growing quite frustrated; why does my printer not just load automatically when I connecdt it to the computer?!  That's what it did when I first took it out of the box....

Thanks for your help!

Ryan

HP Recommended

Hello RyanP83. I understand you are having difficulties installing printer drivers. To assist you thoroughly, I do need to know which operating system is on your computer.

Technically, if you connect the USB cable to a Windows computer (while the printer is on), it should take a bit of time to connect, then it will inform you of a successful connection. After that point, you should be able to print. If this does not happen, and something else does, please let me know exactly what occurs.

If you want to attempt to start the driver installation manually, go to the Start menu, then go to the Run program. Type (without quotations) "%temp% and hit Enter. Look for a folder that starts with "7z". Explore that folder and towards the bottom of the page, alphabetically, you will see a program names "Setup.exe". Double-click on this program, and it should start the printer installation.

If you still require assistance, please respond to this post with the following information:

- Your computer's operating system.

- What occurs when you connect the printer USB cable to the computer.

- What occurs when you run Setup.exe

I look forward to your response. I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Re: "Extraction Failed:  Cannot Open Output File" error message when installing new driver

HP Recommended

PERFECT!!!  Worked like a charm...  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Had to write a DOS command to "copy" zip file driver file to driver directory: 

C:\windows\system32>Copy C:\temp\hpvdb720.dll C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\x64\3. 

This driver effected use of a LaserJet 722C.

HP Recommended

Thanks, the 7-zip tip also worked for me (HP Photosmart 7510)

had no problem installing this on a Win7 desktop, a Win8 desktop, some Win7 laptops, but ran into an issue with business Win7 laptop - helpdesk was not able to resolve - your tip did the trick!

HP Recommended

I tried to unzip using 7 zip the folder 'HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers - DJ2540_188'

Then I double clicked on 'Setup' and it installed correctly

Thank you for the help!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.