Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

-HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP

-Windows 7

-"Fatal Error 7" & "Firmware Corrupt" error on the printer screen menu

-Using E-print and as Network printer

-Please help to fix this error

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Check if this article in the below link helps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02266980

Post the update of the solution provided for further help.

Let us know for more!

"I work for HP."
Click the Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem

Regards
Sreenag
HP Recommended

TQVM Sreenag_K,

I already did.. BUT SADLY.. those not accepted solution.. im sorry.. ill keep on troubleshooting.. maybe somebody else can help.. please..

HP Recommended

@dr_ide_my wrote:

TQVM Sreenag_K,

I already did.. BUT SADLY.. those not accepted solution.. im sorry.. ill keep on troubleshooting.. maybe somebody else can help.. please..

Hey there. Have you seen this document: A 'Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download' Error Message Displays on the Control Panel in Windows XP

Although this document is for XP everything should be fairly similar in Windows 7. Let me know if this helps at all to resolve the issue. If not post back with any new details and we can continue from there.

Thanks

Sean Smiley Happy

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, but your suggestions have not helped.  My experience is that the firmware starts to download, but the process fails as it is about to start erasing. 

Do you have any more ideas on how to solve this issue?

HP Recommended
There is not a whole lot that can be done to resolve a corrupt firmware, as it usually bricks the printer. If the printer is still under warranty, I would suggest contacting HP phone support at 1-800-474-6836.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.