11-15-2013 11:40 AM - edited 11-15-2013 11:50 AM
Three notes on this fix.
1. Copy this solution given by pcwizard because the patch will drop out again and you will have to fix it again in a day, week or month. For some reason, your HP Assistant will revert back to the 2 notepads.
Usually, you will find out when you have to check your printer ink levels before buying new ink cartridges.
In fact, I made a short cut on my desktop so that i just have to apply the patch each time HP Assistant reverts back.
An associated default program to open this file has been incorrectly set.
Download and run the file below. Let me know what you find out?
You can also refer to the document below
2. This problem occurs not only on the Windows XP, but also Windows Vista, 7, and 8.
3. Do not make the mistake I did when I tried to fix my HP Assistant the second time it went out. I forgot which fix I used the first time and first tried the uninstall/reinstall the printer with the installation of the lastest verson of the Adobe Flash Player.
Uninstalling/reinstalling printer and installation of Adobe Flash Player did not fix my problem and was a pain to implement.
03-06-2014 12:18 PM
you are the man . i just bought officejet 8600 and was opening in notepad.no disrespect i love hp products they are all that i own,but spent 3 hours on phone to tech support and issue was not resolved.next time i will check here first!!!
Thanks alot man
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS