Question

Student
dcy99
Message 1 of 2 (65 Views)

ready 2 download

Today I tried to update the firmware of my CM1415fnw using the HP supplied software tool for OX 10.9.4

The update download for a while, then report connection error and to try again.

Now everytime I reboot the printer I get "Ready 2 Download". I have tried to perform the factory default reset by holding down the right arrow key while power cycling the printer. (Many times).

Always flashes the menu but goes directly to "Ready to Download" on the screen again.

Tried using USB, and even performing firmware update using windows 7 machine.

The printer is 2 years old and was working fine prior to the attempted firmware update.

Called HP and they indicated I had to upgrade to a new machine for $249.

I am totaly frustrated that the HP firmware update crashed my printer and the only solution is to buy a new one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for the support.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 2 (40 Views)

Re: ready 2 download

Hello there @dcy99 , welcome to the forums:smileyhappy:

I have read through your post about each time you restart your printer, you see a "Ready 2 Download" message. I understand you called HP directly and the issue persists.

I just want to clarify with you, that if you have tried updating the firmware via USB and that did not work, then you would be looking at needing a new printer. If you haven't tried updating the FW via USB, please try that.

I hope that helps, have a wonderful day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation