solution center.msi problem (8153 Views)
Honor Student
goldy319
Message 1 of 5 (8,153 Views)

solution center.msi problem

hi, i have a photosmart A826 & i installed the software & things seemed to be fine. about a month or so later i got a hp update & it goes to update once a week. now about two weeks or so ago when i restart my pc i get this message, "yellow triangle an installation package for the product solution center cannot be found. try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package "solution center.msi*." i don't even have the printer hooked up. i think it has to do with the hp updater. has anyone else had this problem & is there a solution to this? tia goldy319
Intern
Insane_Nomad
Message 2 of 5 (8,102 Views)

Re: solution center.msi problem

Download the WINDOWS CLEANUP UTILITY from the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After it is installed, open and launch the utility.

In that scroll down to SolutionCenter and remove that file.

Once it is done close the application, and restart the computer.

(This will eliminate the solution center trying ot install the updates everytime you launch the Solution Center) 

Try launching the Solution Center. It will work.

Even though I am a HP Employee, on this forum I donot represent my employer.
Top Student
Jawab
Message 3 of 5 (8,082 Views)

Hi

Step 1:Uninstall Hp Updates from Add or Remove Programme

Step 2:Uninstall Solution Center From Add Or Remove Programmes

Step 3:Use the Original Software Cd which came along with the Printer and Click Install more Software and Select Solution Center

Hope it Works

Student
bluehouse3
Message 4 of 5 (5,327 Views)

I'm sorry, Insane_Nomad but your description is not detailed enough even though I do consider myself quite computer literate.  Yes, I have used Windows Cleanup Utility before.

What is "that file" ?   If I remove Solution Center from my computer, I do not have an original CD to reinstall the program.

Student
twumasi
Message 5 of 5 (2,276 Views)

Please when  will it be repair solution center.msi problem.

Peter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation