Question

Student
drapersmeadow4
Message 1 of 6 (15,191 Views)

trying to install laserjet 1536dnf mfp software from download @ hp.com. gets to 99%

Anyone have a solution. I have now tried 5 times and restarts after each attempt. Print Driver installed automatically from Windows 7 but need scan features and cannot get it to fully install as noted in subject. Running Windows 7 on a MacPro with bootcamp partitioning.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (15,190 Views)

Re: trying to install laserjet 1536dnf mfp software from download @ hp.com. gets to 99%

Hi,

May you installed the HP Universal Print Drivers in the past?

1. Enter Control Panel > Programs and Features.
  2. Look for the HP Universal Print Driver - If you may find it installed, select it and click Uninstall.
  3. Enter Devices and Printers and click any listed printer once by pressing the left button.
  4. From the top menu, click Print Server Properties.
  5. Enter the Drivers tab and look for any instance of the HP Universal Print Driver. Select it and click Remove.
  6. Make sure to select to remove both the printer and the driver.
  7. Remove the existing M1536 printer icon by right clicking and selecting Remove Device.
  8. For USB connection. make sure to unplug the cable.
  9. Reboot the PC and try installing the Full Feature Software again.

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
preffingizeroes
Message 3 of 6 (12,030 Views)

Re: trying to install laserjet 1536dnf mfp software from download @ hp.com. gets to 99%

please i need to install hp printer leserjet 1536dnf mfp software

Honor Student
Magubane
Message 4 of 6 (7,773 Views)

drapersmeadow4 wrote:

Anyone have a solution. I have now tried 5 times and restarts after each attempt. Print Driver installed automatically from Windows 7 but need scan features and cannot get it to fully install as noted in subject. Running Windows 7 on a MacPro with bootcamp partitioning.

Honor Student
Magubane
Message 5 of 6 (7,772 Views)

help installing a printer

Master's Graduate
Garland_M
Message 6 of 6 (7,505 Views)

trying to install laserjet 1536dnf mfp software from download @ hp.com. gets to 99%

Hi Magubane,

Which version of OS X are you running, and which model of printer?

Also, what might be the issue with installing your printer?

Don't forget to mark a post as solved if it fixed your issue

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation