04-30-2014 02:18 PM
I see are looking for steps to uninstall your HP Officejet 6500 and install with newer drivers. Try the following HP document: Uninstalling the Printer Software, that should clear out the software. You can select your Operating System and download software here: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a Drivers.
Since there are several 6500 series printers, if the above is not yours reply back with the model of printer you have.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS