04-30-2014 02:18 PM
I see are looking for steps to uninstall your HP Officejet 6500 and install with newer drivers. Try the following HP document: Uninstalling the Printer Software, that should clear out the software. You can select your Operating System and download software here: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a Drivers.
Since there are several 6500 series printers, if the above is not yours reply back with the model of printer you have.
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS