04-09-2010 04:43 AM
try cheking with any other usb device on the ports of the concerned computer to check the port functionality of the ports,
if affirmative,go to the devicemanager and check for the usb printing support in universal serial bus controller,
if there are any usb composite device entry,just get rid of that ,
then if you get any unknown device there ,try updating the drivers and gave the driver cd path manually by selecting havedisk.
best of luck
04-09-2010 10:42 AM
Try updating the driver for that USB port. Go into the Device Manager, double click on the USB port, and click on Update Driver. If you have a previous driver that worked for that USB port, you could also roll-back the driver. Sometimes the updated driver could have a bug.
04-10-2010 12:47 AM
Thanks for the response
The USB works with other devices that I have moved there
Anyway i tried to updtae the usb driver
The cable is OK since it woks with other PC's
I have also reinstalled the printer software
The printer is new and worked fine for 2 weeks..
I am frustrated....
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS