Re: vista driver for deskjet f2180 on Windows 8.1 (96 Views)
Honor Student
Selby
Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)

vista driver for deskjet f2180 on Windows 8.1

I have a new Windows 8.1 desktop (64 bit), a Vista laptop (32 bit), and an HP F2180 printer/scanner. F2180 is connected to desktop via USB, is shared, and works fine from W81. I can't get it connected to the Vista laptop.

On the desktop, when I check the box "x86 Type 3 - User Mode", I am told to find the driver. Any idea what the file name and location are?

TIA.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (111 Views)

Re: vista driver for deskjet f2180 on Windows 8.1

Hello there TIA, Welcome to the Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience:smileyhappy:

I noticed your post about your Deskjet F2180 not functioning on your Windows Vista system. I would recommend (from the Vista laptop), running the full driver installation. This should install the driver properly on your laptop.

Here is the link to the driver: HP Deskjet F2100 and F4100 Full Feature Software and Driver

I hope my post was informational!

Have a great day and thanks for posting:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Selby
Message 3 of 4 (108 Views)

Hi Rainbow7000, thanks for taking the time to respond.

The problem is not running the printer from my Vista machine. It is getting my Windows 8.1 machine (which has the printer attached) to properly allow the Vista machine to use it as a shared printer. I have already installed the HP software suite on the Vista machine.

Regards,

Selby.

P.S. TIA = thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (96 Views)

Hey Selby,

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry for the "TIA", I should have known what that meant.:smileyhappy:

I would like for you to check out this document from Microsoft about sharing, it has some really great info to help you.

Sharing files and printers

Have a great day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation