Question

Honor Student
irritated123
Message 1 of 4 (7,683 Views)

what does it mean if the magenta and cyan colors do not show up on the diagnostics page

Officejet ProL7780 All-in-one diagnostics page will not print the colors cyan and magenta.  What does this mean?  I am trying to figure out if I need a new print head or a whole new printer.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (7,678 Views)

Re: what does it mean if the magenta and cyan colors do not show up on the diagnostics page

The diagnostics here may help.  Magenta and cyan share a common printhead.  If there are no traces at all of cyan and magenta I would suggest removing the printhead and soaking it for five minutes nozzles down in about 1/2" of very hot water.  After five minutes remove the printhead and gently blot dry the nozzles and the electrical contacts, then reinstall in the printer and run a cleaning cycle.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
dstorni
Message 3 of 4 (7,484 Views)

Re: what does it mean if the magenta and cyan colors do not show up on the diagnostics page

Partial solution. I had NO black before. No I have black with missing lines and info all over the place. So I performed head alignment, head cleaning, line feed calibration... and it's worse. Brand new ink cartridges. Nope. Same problem.

Thanks for the attempt to help me.

After, literally, 20 years of devotion to HP, I believe it is now time to question my brand loyalty.  

Student
BruceKanner
Message 4 of 4 (3,165 Views)

Did the soak and clean and still no black. All colors okay. What next?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation