Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

is anyone have old version of HP officejet pro 8600 firmware ??

I am trying to going to back old version of firmware for HP officejet pro 8600..

But , i do not know how..

and, do not have firmware for it either..

so, please help me..

if you do have old version firmware , please reply to me. i need to download it.

thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi.

Downgrading a firmware cannot be done, even if you will find such a tool it will be grayed out as it is older than your currnet firmware.

Do you have any specific issue since upgrading the latest firmware?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

because, my friend has Korean Language as set up.. for easier for use..

but, my new one is not.. that is why i am looking for old version of firmware.. so, i thought i can install it ..

then i can set up the korean language..

that is why i been looking for old version of firmware.

i called HP.. but , it did not help.. i went into langauage section.. but, still they could not help me out.

i do not understand how to set it up..

please help me if you know how..

thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi UCLA-Under,

I understand you're having difficulties setting the language on your Officejet 8600 to Korean. I'm sorry to hear this has been happening but will certainly do my best to help you.

Unfortunately, as ShlomiL stated in the post above yours, you cannot roll back the firmware. Once it has been updated there is no going back, so I decided to test a few things on our Officejet Pro 8600 that we have here. It had an older version of firmware, and had Korean as a language option, so I updated the firmware to the latest version. After the update I checked the languages again and I still had the Korean language option. As far as I could gather from my research the Korean language should be the option that looks similar to this: 한국의

If you still aren't seeing this option could I get you to tell me what version of firmware you have? To check this have the printer on the home screen, press the white ? in the top right corner and click Printer Information, and the FW Version should be the last option.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

sorry for late reply.. 

it was christmas break as you know.. i am still on break.. but, i am back for a little earlier.. 

here is what i found out from my firmware is CKP1CN1204AR .. 

is there anyway to get your firmware ?? 

i just found out that what they have HP site. firmwre is  CLP1CN1322CR .. 

that is what they have online.. 

can i download it ?? and have Korean Language "한국어" ??

please let me know what i can do.. 

thanks.

HP Recommended

i just update to new version of firmware.. CKP1CN1322CR..

still no Korean Language..

Can you give me your firmware file ??

so, i can try to update to my printer.. i can check it working or not. 

thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you sure you ever had the Korean language on the specific device?

The specific version you had should be available with a shipped printer, it is not a public version from the HP site.

May the device been replaced in the past and then the language was missing?

As well a public firmware update from the HP Site should not add or remove any available languages of the printer.

I would suggest xontaxting HP support, a firmware update will not resolve such an issue:

http://www8.hp.com/kr/ko/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that updating the firmware did not get you the right language options. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with which version of the Officejet Pro 8600 you're using. Our lab machine is an Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, so if you can provide me your specific model of 8600, I will have a deeper look into seeing if perhaps there are fewer languages available on the base model or something like that.

Please let me know your product number and I can check further into this for you, if you'd like.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

yes.. 

because, my friend's printer is set up in Korean.. that is why i bought this unit.. 

there is not many korean in the printer.. Brother and Epson have to download from site or you have to ask them from the seller.. 

but, i bought it from online.. 

HP Recommended
i have CM749A#AKY that is what box say..
it is officejet pro 8600 ..
my friend has same model.. but, he is setting up in Korean.. that is why i bought it same model..
so, please help me ..
i updated Firmware.. it still do not show up Korean language..
thank you.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.