Question

Top Student
artjen
Message 1 of 8 (130 Views)

xp sp3 pro and broderbund calendar creator v8.0 and hp oj3600 series on a dell d620 laptop

actual printer is oj3680. now for the problem. many nasty reviews about calendar creator (cc) by broderbund. i have used this program for many years (it is a great program with features that no other program comes close to offering). since 7/2012 i have not been able to print a calendar. so i installed it on my vista toshiba. it prints. did a repair to xp sp3, no print. did a clean install after  house cleaning of hp drivers and registry, no print.  i have deleted and reinstalled hp printer and drivers, i have even shredded folders and disks to rid possibility of bleed thru.  i am now completly baffled at this point. not willing to purchase v12.1 because IT may not print. could use help. thanks

Art

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 8 (114 Views)

Re: xp sp3 pro and broderbund calendar creator v8.0 and hp oj3600 series on a dell d620 laptop

Hi artjen,

I would like to see what I can do to help, but I have a few questions:

1. Are you able to print from other programs (Notepad, MS Word, etc.)?

a. If not, what happens when you try to print...do you get blank pages, nothing at all, errors, etc.?

2. What happens when you try to print from BBC v8.0...do you get blank pages, nothing at all, errors, etc.?

3. Prior to 7/2012, were you able to print from BCC v8.0 to the oj3680?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 3 of 8 (113 Views)

Re: xp sp3 pro and broderbund calendar creator v8.0 and hp oj3600 series on a dell d620 laptop

Are you able to print from other programs on that computer? If so, more than likely it is an issue with that software. I would recommend getting in touch with their support, they might be able to give you some more information, as I am not familiar with the program.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
artjen
Message 4 of 8 (109 Views)

printing produces an "error printing". no pages then i must delete all pages from printer.

i can print from any other program either online or offline. microsoft programs ao others.

Top Student
artjen
Message 5 of 8 (107 Views)

thank you. problem not solved

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 6 of 8 (107 Views)

Prior to 7/2012, were you able to print from BCC v8.0 to the oj3680?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
artjen
Message 7 of 8 (105 Views)

i have used this program for years without a problem. one reason for their bad reviews is that you cannot contact cust serv or tech support on this program

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 8 of 8 (102 Views)

Ok, since the issue is specific to BCC v8.0, your BEST option would be to get in touch with their support. 

However, in the meantime, you may want to competely "scrub" the HP drivers and reinstall them. You can do so by:

If using the Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

If you have a part # CZ301A and CZ302A, then download

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-99502-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Any other part #, then download

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-79585-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

OR

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L4uninstall.bat

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

If you have a part # CZ301A and CZ302A, then download

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-99502-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Any other part #, then download

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-79585-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation