Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have Dell Inspiron n5010 laptop. Using Windows 7, 64bit . I opened this page

Link

downloaded the 3 - HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL5 x64 file.

extracted it on my desktop. Connected the printer in usb port. Installed the driver using the traditional settings by selecting COM1 port.

printed a document. and it was successfull.

Last time tried a month back and it didn't work :s

May be HP has updated the drivers.

HP Recommended

I have done this several times and it hasn't worked yet. I can print a test page when I have the printer connected to the usb port. but the Network doesn't work. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hello everyone.

I have an HP 1200 printer that is shared from a server running CentOS Linux.  I have tried in the past to install this shared printer on Windows 7 using the 64-bit drivers for this printer and have had no luck.  Since I am an IT person, and really have no desire to acually have to disconnect the printer and carry it to the desktop computer and connect it to the USB port, do the printer install, and then disconnect it and carry it back and reconnect it to the server, I have found a MUCH easier way to fix this problem!!!

Here are the steps:

1. Open an explorer window by clicking on "Computer" in the start menu

2. In the address bar at the top, click on the computer icon and type in \\ip_address_of _print_server (you can use the computer name if you have name resolution on your network) and hit enter

3. Double-click the share printer that is shown in the explorer window.  A window will pop up saying "no driver found".  Simply click on OK

4. An "Add Printer Wizard" window will now pop up prompting you for the manufacturer and model of you printer.  Simply select HP for the manufacturer and laserjet 2200 for the printer, and click on the OK button.

There you go!  The HP laserjet 2200 printer driver works just fine for me!  And I didn't have to move the blasted printer to make it work!

Hope that this helps people out.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. I tried the steps and it works on window 7 64 bits.

HP Recommended

what you suggested may have worked for a 2200 but it would not work for a 1200.  I tried it the same way as you suggested with no luck.  Win7 comes back with message can't find the drivers.

HP Recommended

Actually I was trying to set it up on the wrong port - I thought I was connected with an LPT1 printer port. When I realized I was using a usb port, I scrolled down the available ports and saw the Laserjet 1200 driver in the list of ports. That worked. My new system doesn't even have a printer port. duh. This was actually posted by Brain fart on http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/6206-hp-laserjet-1200-a.html. So i thought i should share this with you people

HP Recommended

This works. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Great. This was a clever solution. It works perfect

HP Recommended

this worked great....thanks....kind of silly that my HP laptop had to go through these tricks to get it to work while my other Windows 7 Lenovo notepad configured it with no qualms.

HP Recommended

I fixed this problem a little differently and it was solved because I got the blue screen of death (BSD). The BSD forced me to run a full system recovery. Painful, but not the end of the world. Before doing the recovery, the W7 64 PCL driver installed and worked without any problem. After the Recover, I got the same error described in this thread.

After a very pointless encounter with Samsung's tech support, I was discussing with brother the issue at hand. He said all the drivers on the recover disk were probly old and I need to download and install all the drivers from Samsung's site. I did this and attempted to install the HP PCL driver after each update and restart. Success happened after repairing the LAN driver. My printer is on the wired network.

Therefore, I would suspect that the resoultion is getting current and correct drivers for LAN, Wifi, and USB driver to make sure the PCL install can communicate with the printer properly.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.