Question

Honor Student
aspearson11
Message 1 of 6 (13,869 Views)

1022N printer - windows 7 install

Trying to install 1022N as network printer on Windows 7 - only option that software shows is for USB install

Teacher
Double-U-Dee
Message 2 of 6 (13,862 Views)

Re: 1022N printer - windows 7 install

Hello,

Did you follow through with that installation?  You should have a window that populates that asks to setup wireless now.  A wireless Network is not setup from the product front panel.  Please post the outcome.

Thank you,

Thanks,
Double-U-Dee
Double-U-Dee
Message 3 of 6 (13,859 Views)

Actually I confused the situation, I was thinking of the 1022NW, you are simply stating that you do not see the Network setup since you would be installing Ethernet. 

With the product already connected to your Network and have an IP address, you can then run the Software Installation on each computer that you would like to print to the 1022N.

Please post any further questions if this is not the case.

Thank you,

Thanks,
Double-U-Dee
aspearson11
Message 4 of 6 (13,857 Views)

prointer is connected to network and works operating with Vista 32 computer. 

computer I am wanting to install on is HP Pavillion Entertainment PC running Windows 7 business

the software does not offer an option other than connect to USB, and will not proceed past there because it cannot detect the printer.

Teacher
Double-U-Dee
Message 5 of 6 (13,853 Views)

Hello,

When you get to the screen that says to connect the USB, click on cancel then follow the steps below.

1. Go To "Devices & Printers".

2. Click the "Add Printer".

3. Choose to connect a Local Printer.

4. Create a New Port "Standard TCP/IP.

Now on the Printer Hold The Green Diamond shaped button and continue to hold until it prints the Config page.  We need this only if you do not know the IP of the printer - if you already know what the IP is then simply continue to step 5.

5. Enter the IP of the printer and continue. 

6. Verify by printing the test page.

Please post back if this resolves your issue or not.  If this does not, please post the results.

Thank you,

Thanks,
Double-U-Dee
IT-Curly
Message 6 of 6 (9,092 Views)

Install HP LaserJet 1022n on Windows 7
(You DONT have to connect it to USB)

•  Download LaserJet 1022n driver from HP

32 bit - lj1020-HB-pnp-win32-en

64 bit - lj1020-HB-pnp-win64-en

• Run your downloaded driver

HP driver install window opens asking you to connect the USB cable

• CANCEL installation

IMPORTANT NOTE: This extracts the needed driver to your Hard Drive. Your driver will be extracted to folder:

(64 bit)    C:\Program Files\HP\HP LaserJet 1020 Driver

(32 bit)    C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP LaserJet 1020 Driver

• Add your printer manually - START > Devices and Printers > Add a Printer
  • Add a Local Printer > Create a new port > Standard TCP/IP Port > NEXT
  • Enter the IP address > NEXT

If you dont know it, have you 1022n on, hold the diamond shaped button down for 10 seconds. A configuration page with the IP on it will print.

• "Install a printer Driver" screen opens, click  HAVE DISK
  • Browse to the folder where your driver was extracted (shown above)
  • Choose the "HPLJ1020" file > OPEN > OK > NEXT
  • Select your printer name > NEXT > FINISH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation