02-17-2011 07:04 AM
I have 4 xp desktops and a windows 7 ultimate 32 bit laptop. Both the desktops and laptop is in the same domain and i can access shared folders from laptop. i have hp 1180c printer which is connected to one of the xp desktop via usb. the printer is using usb001 port on xp desktop and is shared. I have installed two drivers i.e 1180c for xp and 1220c for windows 7 on the xp machine which has the printer connected. I have connected the printer to the other three xp machines by going into network neighbourhood right clicking on the 1180c printer and click on connect. The other three xp machines are able to print properly which is of no issue. Now likewise i went into network on windows 7 and i can see two drivers 1180c and 1220c so i right clicked on 1220c and clicked on connect.
i got a message box showing connecting and the drivers got installed. i now tried to print a test page from laptop but in nothing prints from the printer in the laptop printer queue i can see message as "Deleting - Sent to Printer".
Please let me know how can i print from laptop.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: 1180c network printer not printing from windows 7
02-18-2011 12:05 AM
used driver 1120c on laptop and driver 1220c on xp machine now i can print from laptop.
02-17-2011 09:35 AM
Where did you get a Windows 7 driver from?
Your printer has no Windows 7 support from HP.
You might be able to find a driver from Windows update which might get you basic functionality.
It might be time to consider upgrading to a newer printer. Sorry to bear bad news.
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
02-17-2011 11:34 PM
1180c supports only upto windows xp and in order to run this printer on windows7 i have to use 1220c so is mentioned in these forum.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series