Question

Tutor
mardy
Message 1 of 4 (3,169 Views)
Accepted Solution

4385 all in one

I finally thought that my install problems were a thing of the past, as I tried 3 printers, many installes of cd software.  Now I find a copy of the 4385 in printers folder and it wants to be default printer but has no path in properties.  When I try to uninstall or delete it, It will not be removed, dragging not sucessful either.  Now I have the 4385 software wanting to install on my notebook and I can not get it to stop.  What is the problem now??  Is the easiest thing to smash the printer to bits and get someone else's brand?

Help again!! 

mardy 

Grad Student
pradeep
Message 2 of 4 (3,093 Views)

Re: 4385 all in one

Hi Mardy,

You can make the copy of the 4300 series printer icon in printers folder and then make it online and then print using that icon. If you are unable to use the icon let us know the exact issue you are facing i.e., while installation or while uninstallation and if you are facing an issue while installing the software let us know the error you are getting so that we can assist you further.

Tutor
mardy
Message 3 of 4 (3,083 Views)

The situation is that hp4385 printer is running constantly. I use task manager to close it and within 1 minute it pops open with 96% installed, configuring product. Error message says "-error" "wStub" " 1311722" It causes my notebook to get very hot while running. I either need a fix soon or I will have to uninstall printer. thanks mardy
Tutor
mardy
Message 4 of 4 (3,034 Views)

I finally had to call HP tech support but got a really knowledgeable guy and we spent 2 hours trying to figure out why 4385 install was running constantly. I believe it was the printer spooler that continued to run on copy of 4385's software. It took some time but it is gone and printer is still working. (Hard to believe, after a month, 3 printers and hours upon hours to support. (Canadian customer support told me point blank-- Either do a complete system restore or install on someone else's pc or she would not talk to me again) I don't involve friends in nonsense like this and why would they install "iffy" software on their pc. Thanks for all advice mardy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation