Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

I cannot clear a 49 service error on MFP M277dw.  I've reset, cleared, removed/reinstalled - no luck. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome @palmal75,

I saw your post regarding the problems you are having with your LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw and I found a document that could help.

I found this document; HP LaserJet Pro and Color LaserJet Pro Printer and MFP - Troubleshooting 49.XXXX Errors that will help you troubleshoot that error.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Actually I believe my issue was a result of incompatibility  between my Arris Router & Bonjour.  Arris isn't compatible with Bonjour so I bridged it to my Netgear and everything works great once again.  Eventually I hope to get rid of the Arris totally but for now things are fine.

Thanks!

HP Recommended
This video might help you.

HP Recommended

Mine was caused by connecting to wifi - perpetual printer restart and error 49. Problem stopped the moment I plugged in an Ethernet cable (which disables wifi). Unplugged cable (which re-enables wifi) and restarts began again.

Updated to latest firmware - same thing.

Worked with HP Support. They disabled IPv6 (Connect using hardwire/Ethernet, https://PRINTER-IP > Configuration > Advanced --- Unchecked 'IPv6' --- Apply) and boom... problem solved.

HP Recommended

Ran into this problem with HP MFP M375NW.  The issue was that there were two documents stuck in the print queue and at least one of them had some sort of command that was incompatible with the printer driver.  I could not clear the queue because the printer kept on re-setting itself too quickly.  Each time I tried to clear the print queue, the printer would disappear from my screen. 

After repeatedly trying, I was able to catch the print queue open just long enough to clear the problem print jobs.  Re-started the printer, re-set the modem and router, re-booted the computer, and all was well. 

The problem was a combination of an incompatible print file in the print queue that caused the printer to display the 49 service error and then immediately re-start--a vicious loop with a short re-cycle time.   Nothing else would work--unplugging the printer, power cycling the printer, rebooting the computer--no help until I could delete those two rogue files from the print queue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.