6500 all in one wireless not connecting to computers on network. (145 Views)
Honor Student
aggrivated
Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)

6500 all in one wireless not connecting to computers on network.

My 6500 all in one never has connection to all of my computers that are on-line at the same time.  Right now, even the main computer that is hardwired to my wireless router has no connection.  Only one connected is one of the wireless computer connections. I have Windows XP

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: 6500 all in one wireless not connecting to computers on network.

Generally, setting a static IP can help tremendously with stablizing network connections.  Sometimes, a router will change the printer's IP address too frequently creating an unstable connection.  Even if the router does not change it frequently, setting a static IP still helps.

I have attached a video that should help a lot more than me providing the steps.  The video uses Windows XP with an OfficeJet 8500A, but the printer steps in the EWS (embedded web server) should be the same.

This will require a PC that is able to communicate with the printer, which it sounds like you do have at least one that can.  Perform the steps in the video on that computer.

To print a network configuration page, like they show in the video, go to Setup> Network Setup>Print network Configuration page.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation