07-14-2012 11:17 AM
My 6500 all in one never has connection to all of my computers that are on-line at the same time. Right now, even the main computer that is hardwired to my wireless router has no connection. Only one connected is one of the wireless computer connections. I have Windows XP
07-17-2012 04:14 PM
Generally, setting a static IP can help tremendously with stablizing network connections. Sometimes, a router will change the printer's IP address too frequently creating an unstable connection. Even if the router does not change it frequently, setting a static IP still helps.
I have attached a video that should help a lot more than me providing the steps. The video uses Windows XP with an OfficeJet 8500A, but the printer steps in the EWS (embedded web server) should be the same.
This will require a PC that is able to communicate with the printer, which it sounds like you do have at least one that can. Perform the steps in the video on that computer.
To print a network configuration page, like they show in the video, go to Setup> Network Setup>Print network Configuration page.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection