04-26-2012 09:20 AM
Wireless printer Photosmart 6510 constantly displays server connection error 403.
Wireless printing works from HP Windows 7 PC
but not from Apple Macbook OS X 10.7
Although it will print just a test page from the Mac
After that it indicates that printer is busy when nothing happening
Macbook cannot find printer wirelessly but I can use it via usb
04-26-2012 12:32 PM
Have you tried power cycling the router and printer? I would do this first, let the router boot up first for about 30 seconds and then turn on the printer. If the issue still occurs, I would suggest reconnecting the printer to the network by running the Wireless setup wizard and try to launch web services again. If this does not help, you may need to change some DNS settings within the printers EWS (embedded web server) To do this, put the IP address into a browser window on your PC.
This should launch the EWS. Within the EWS, select the network tab. under the network tab, select "networking".
Then select "network address" (IP). Do not change the IP configuration at the top. Go to the bottom under "DNS Address configuration “and select "Manual DNS server”. Under manual DNS server, input 126.96.36.199 (one 8 in each box) on the first line, and 188.8.131.52 on the second line. Hit the "Apply" button at the bottom.
Now try to connect again.
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
04-26-2012 06:01 PM
Thank you for your response.
I have tried all these steps however the problem is not with the router as the Windows laptops and my Windows PC all print wirelessly and effortlessly from the HP 6510 printer via the router.
My problem is with the Apple Macbook OS X 10.7 which does not allow me to use the printer except to print a test page.
It did print when attached by usb.
It finds the internet easily wirelessly via the router but it cannot use the HP 6510 wirelessly.
Initially I did insert the installation CD and have seen since that this is not recommended and that I should have looked for the driver on the internet but the HP 6510 instruction leaflet says to insert CD in Apple Macs.
Bizarrely the HP 6510 is one of the printers sold by Apple as compatible with OS X
05-02-2012 10:37 AM
Lets try resetting the print system:
Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
08-14-2013 05:02 PM
When trying to scan a document I get this "Server Connection Error:403" message on my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525 screen. I rebooted the router, check the connection on the printer and everything is running OK, still this message appears when I tried to scan a document and send it to my email.....any advice?
08-15-2013 07:14 AM
I see that you're getting a server connection error on your printer.
I have a couple of questions for you.
Are you using the scan to email app on your printer?
Can you print from your computer?
08-15-2013 07:46 AM
Thanks for the reply. Try the steps below.
1. Obtain your printer's IP address
a. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.
2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.
3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.
4. On the left select networking.
5. Select Network Address (IP)
6. Select Manual DNS Server
a. Manual Preferred DNS should read 184.108.40.206
b. Alternate DNS Server should read. 220.127.116.11
7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.
Let me know how it goes.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection