HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-23-2012 07:21 PM
Hi. I've had this 7410 printer a few years now (hand me down from family member). It has worked fine in my home (wireless router) the whole time.
Recently, I moved it to the work office (across town) and have spent TWO nights (4 hrs each night) AFTER WORK to try and get it to correctly set-up. It has never been this difficult with all the moves I've had from apartment to apartment and now to my home. This shouldn't be any different, right?!
This is where I'm stuck:
- Setup Menu >> Network >> Wireless Setup Wizard ....yes, it finds the office network... I select it.... then, I enter the WEP key.... correctly have done it 30 times (spelled it correctly, caps sensitive, etc)... hit Done, and the answer after its search is "can not connect to network".
I've read on HP's website and my manual (over and over and over) how to self-correct it... that is why I'm here now!
Things I've done:
- Setup Menu >> Network>> View Network Settings >>> Print Network Configuration Page.... it comes up with the IP, subnet and default gateway as 0.0.0.0
- Setup Menu >> Network>> Restore Network Defaults.... no change in outcome
- Unplugged and replugged printer.... no change in outcome
- Unplugged and replugged modem and router (with the 30+ sec recommended wait before replug).... no change in outcome
- I have checked the network strength via my personal laptop, my work laptop, my mobile devices... all say it is present and excellent.... yet not able to connect printer to it
- I have checked the network via my work laptop, to see what is accessing it (can you overload a network?)... but it only has 6 items connected at this time (evening when no one here but me...2 printers already and 4 computers), which is even less than daytime access when we have all co-workers plugged into it also (healthcare facility... but still, always just 2 printers... THIS printer would be the 3rd)
Now, I ask you what is my next step?
PLEASE help soon, I need this printer to be up and working to help alleviate some office flow issues!!
I cannot keep spending my evenings reading all these bulletin posts, self-help FAQ's on the HP site without any good outcome for my scenario!!! I have other paperwork to be doing and this is keeping me from getting it done!
Thank you in advance!
08-28-2012 02:58 AM
Please, download and run the HP Print and Scan doctor from http://www.hp.com/go/tools
With this tool, you can see what channel is being used by the wireless router you're trying to connect your printer.
Run the tool and after the initial search for HP products, you might be able to go to Help menu - Show advanced info and then click the button Show wireless info. You will see a list of wireless networks detected by your computer and if you scroll to the right, you might be able to see the channel being used by the network. Find the network you're trying to connect your printer and let me know the channel number.
I am an HP employee.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos star in the post.
If my reply resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier by other people.