Question

Student
ouribemx
Message 1 of 2 (2,308 Views)

802.1X Network based

Hello,

Anyone can help me with this?

I am trying to setup 802.1X Authentication in a HP LaserJet M9050  (MTF)

I access to the embeded Web Server in Networking>Security>802.1X Authentication:

I tryed with some values but i receive in a radius Server the request but the result is a Denyed Request, so the switch is working fine, but i think i am having a mistake in the 802.1X Athentication option in the printer.

I have searched for the exact meaning of the parameters of the configuration but i can not find anything talking details about the psrameters:

Server ID: i supuse is the IP of the Radius Server (or is the hostname? anything else?)

When is necessary to use:  Require Exact Match        (for the server ID)

Encryption Strength:  Has 3 values one of them is  Medium (RC-128-bit or 3DES-168-bit)

I think this is related to use of certificates but here is any more question: can i work or configure 802.1X without certificates for PEAP in this printer?

In case necesary of using certificates i have a Certificate Authority that has its own requester but needs to be installed in the supplicant, how can i use another CA to generate certificates related to my own CA?

What mean Authenticate Behaviour: is needed to be checked?  when?    (Reauthenticate on Apply)  I suppuse is used when i apply the configuration, is correct?

Last question is:  Is necesary to use certificates  in this printer in order to use 802.1X authentication?

What type of certificates are allowed by the jetDirect certificate opcion if i load the certificate of my own CA?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Student
hayesb
Message 2 of 2 (2,073 Views)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation