12-30-2009 04:19 PM
Anyone can help me with this?
I am trying to setup 802.1X Authentication in a HP LaserJet M9050 (MTF)
I access to the embeded Web Server in Networking>Security>802.1X Authentication:
I tryed with some values but i receive in a radius Server the request but the result is a Denyed Request, so the switch is working fine, but i think i am having a mistake in the 802.1X Athentication option in the printer.
I have searched for the exact meaning of the parameters of the configuration but i can not find anything talking details about the psrameters:
Server ID: i supuse is the IP of the Radius Server (or is the hostname? anything else?)
When is necessary to use: Require Exact Match (for the server ID)
Encryption Strength: Has 3 values one of them is Medium (RC-128-bit or 3DES-168-bit)
I think this is related to use of certificates but here is any more question: can i work or configure 802.1X without certificates for PEAP in this printer?
In case necesary of using certificates i have a Certificate Authority that has its own requester but needs to be installed in the supplicant, how can i use another CA to generate certificates related to my own CA?
What mean Authenticate Behaviour: is needed to be checked? when? (Reauthenticate on Apply) I suppuse is used when i apply the configuration, is correct?
Last question is: Is necesary to use certificates in this printer in order to use 802.1X authentication?
What type of certificates are allowed by the jetDirect certificate opcion if i load the certificate of my own CA?
Thanks in advance for your comments
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network