8500 a910 paper jam message (99 Views)
Student
Gunpillai
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

8500 a910 paper jam message

Hi!

My Officejet Pro 8500 A910 shows a paper jam message... no paper jammed on checking, have followed troubleshooting instructions including cleaning the rollers with no success...Any way out of this jam? Thanks!!!
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: 8500 a910 paper jam message

Hi Gunpillai,

There is one area I would advise checking in the A910 for a possible piece of balled up paper.  If you move the print carriage inside the printer to the left and look all the way inside the right side of the printer with a flashlight, do you see any paper balled up?

This is a common spot for small pieces of paper to get lodged in this model, but does not guarantee that this is the case for your printer.  As well, I would make sure you have performed all the steps in the paper jam troubleshooting document for the A910.  Click here to access this document.

If all steps have been performed, then the next step is going to be product replacement.  If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation