8600 wont connect wireless w/ Mac (2225 Views)
Honor Student
breazywind
Message 1 of 9 (2,225 Views)

8600 wont connect wireless w/ Mac

i have a office jet pro 8600. wireless to the 2 windows notebook work great however i cannot get macbook pro to recogonize the printer. I have reloaded software several times from CD and online. When I enter manually it will print but only the text information and not what was requested. Any reccomendations?

Thanks,

Grad Student
Herculean
Message 2 of 9 (2,188 Views)

Re: 8600 wont connect wireless w/ Mac

Hi breazywind,

Sry to hear your having issues.

By chance, what router brand and model are you using?

Honor Student
breazywind
Message 3 of 9 (2,185 Views)

Brand new, just replaced D-Link N300.

Grad Student
Herculean
Message 4 of 9 (2,184 Views)

After installing on your Mac, did the printer show up in the list on your Mac when attempting to add the printer? System Preferences>Printer & Fax>Click the + sign to add your printer.

Please click the blue Kudos star in the post that helped you.

Honor Student
breazywind
Message 5 of 9 (2,179 Views)

Have tried that previously and no such luck. I just tried again and no printer available. Put in IP address and will response with printer. Entered under IP tab. but when it prints it prints character letter and symbols, like the code that tells it what to print!

Any reccommedation or ideas?

Thanks

Grad Student
Herculean
Message 6 of 9 (2,174 Views)

How does you signal strength look on the Mac. If less than five full bars, try moving the Mac closer to the printer, cancelling your current print, and sending a new one.

This will help us determine if distance or noise is an issue in your environment.

Other factors can also interfere with the wifi signal including microwave oven rays, cellular phones that use the 2.4 Ghz frequency, wireless cameras, and bluetooth devices. Metal also reflects wireless signals so make sure your devices are resting on wood or plastic.

Please click the blue Kudos star in the post that helped you.

Honor Student
breazywind
Message 7 of 9 (2,132 Views)

No printer will not show up as a wireless. It does work fine if plugged into USB.

Student
The3atman
Message 8 of 9 (2,126 Views)

Hi Ive been looking all around for anything to help me with my issue, Ive been at this about a week now...I have a :

N600 Wireless Dual Band
Gigabit Router WNDR3700 

I updated all the firmware on both the router and the printer and I cant get the printer to reconize on my macbook pro (running OSX 10.7.3)  wirelessly went through all my router settings turned off any router firewalls, and updated any software HP and apple had to offer. I went though settings and I see this ...Screen Shot 2012-04-07 at 8.29.43 PM.png

but my printer is connected to my router wirelessly and my macbook pro is connected to the same network. even went though the setup wizard and I see this ...

Screen Shot 2012-04-07 at 8.31.17 PM.png

very confused and not understanding why nothing is popping up ...please help thaks 

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 9 of 9 (2,094 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the post and the screen shots.  With this one, I might suggest the document links pasted below.  If all else fails you can remove and re-add the printer.   Link below for that one as well.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02906959&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03045596&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_u...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02440673&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation