Question

Honor Student
jdionf
Message 1 of 9 (8,896 Views)

Add wireless printer to my wireless laptop

I have spend many hours trying to add my wireless printer to my laptop. My laptop is wireless and is running on Linksys Router. I have a new HP Photosmart Premium C309a series. I did a wireless Network Test Report, the report states. Your wireless network is currently using the manufacturer's default network name SSID. It is recommended to change your network name (SSID) to be unique to avoid connecting to wireless network I've been trying to solve this problem and was able to at least see the document to be printed....but just want print. Will someone please help? My wife and I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, Bill

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 9 (8,882 Views)

Re: Add wireless printer to my wireless laptop

Change your SSID to something other than Linksys.  Do you know how?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
jdionf
Message 3 of 9 (8,838 Views)

I changed my SSID on the printer and ran a wireless network test report. Its say HP printer cannot find your wireless router. Check that your wireless router is powered on ......"which" it was. Check that your HP printer network name (SSID) matches your wireless router network name (SSID) exactly. If the don't match exactly, run the wireless network setup to configure your HP printer.   Network name (SSID) FAILED

How do I run a network router network name (SSID) to see if the names matches. When I changed the SSID name on the printer setup wizard, shouldn't name change be under the Select Network (SSID) category? If so its not showing the name change. I would like to thank you for your reply, It is obvious I'm doing something wrong try to get the names to match. Will you please tell me where I go from here?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 9 (8,827 Views)

[ Edited ]

No, the SSID is broadcast from the router.  You must change the SSID in the router.

Type 192.168.11. into a browser.  The login is left blank and the password is 'admin'.

Go to wireless settings and change the SSID to something other than linksys.  Click 'Save Changes'.

I am employed by HP
Student
fordj2
Message 5 of 9 (7,887 Views)

I have an additonal SSID (network name) showing on my wireless printer “Select Network (SSID)” other than mine.  This is after it searches for wireless routers.  Why is this happening?

Student
jurka
Message 6 of 9 (1,819 Views)

I am trying to add an HP Officepro 8600 printer, wirelesss, to my NacBook Pro without success,

Need help.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 9 (1,784 Views)

What router?  What version of OS X?  From where did you get the HP software for your Mac?

I am employed by HP
Student
bablanks
Message 8 of 9 (408 Views)

My HP officejet 6480 is offline, how do I put it back online?

Regents Professor
sabretooth04
Message 9 of 9 (400 Views)

Please follow the instructions here and answer all questions in detail.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/td...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation