04-05-2014 09:17 AM
My B210 was working fine with my MacPro with OSX 10.9.2. Yesterday, I tried printing from an older Mac (2007-2008) with OSX 10.6.8, which is on the same wireless network as my MacPro and B210. Ther older Mac found the printer, but showed it offline. So, I went back to my MacPro and it showed it offlne there too. I have no idea wether that was a coincidence or something happened when I connected my older Mac to the B210. Since then, my B210 shows as offline on both Macs. I have spent 2-3 hours reading the support forums and have tried everything that made sense to me. The main issue is that when I use the wireless set up wizard, it connects to my wireless network, shows the OK sign and prints a report. As soon as the report starts printing the blue wireless light starts blinking and the connection is off. When I print the wireless test report, it shows the IP address as 169.254.54.45 which means I am not connected. I have used the wizard ovr 10 times and it connect and then drops it immediately. Lastly, it works fine with a USB cable. Can someone help?
04-05-2014 10:31 AM - edited 04-05-2014 10:32 AM
With that IP you are not connected to your wireless router. Connect again using your SSID and password until the blue light does not blink. Power off router, power off printer. Power on router wait 2 mins. Power on printer and verify it connects to the router. Now try.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I worked for HP but now I'm retired!
Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
04-05-2014 12:55 PM
Thanks. I had done that over ten times. I had also tried turning off and on the router and the printer I finally turned off both my router and Apple Airport together and turned them back on and it worked, I do not want to jinx it, but I think it is fixed for now.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series