Question

Student
CDSone
Message 1 of 3 (1,318 Views)

Black areas not printing correctly (HP Deskjet 3052a)

First I will start off by stating the problem.  The subject doesn't exactly give it away.

I am trying to print a black and white image of a nude female.  I am trying to use it for figure drawing but the areas around the head (mainly hair) and the lower part of her leg [which is hidden behind some grass] does not print.  Well, it DOES print but, it prints those areas as if they were a NEGATIVE photo.  It makes those areas white and then it borders around a blueish color.

So I thought to myself, maybe it's just the way I have the Black and White color settings.  So I decided to print one in color to be sure.  Exact same problem in the exact same areas, with NO adjustments made this time.  So I thought maybe it was just the photo.  I tried another photo, this time an almost full bust picture [from the shoulders up] with a somewhat zoomed in view of the face.  Different photo, different girl...SAME problem.  It effects mostly the hair type areas.  I did not choose to print a color version [non-touched image] because of a previous attempt not working.  So I chose to print a different photo of an entirely different girl, a photo that had no noticeable black areas.  To the naked eye anyway.

I had chose to adjust the black and white settings for this photo as well, this time making it a little more brighter.  Same results...the somewhat negative type print on the hair and bikini strap areas.  I can keep readjusting the black and white settings to get it closer to what I need but it is not really working all that well.

So I thought my printer might be dirty, misaligned, etc...  So I went through the settings cleaned everything up, aligned it all, did all the available maintenance work on it I could.  Printed a test page, a diagnostic page, as well.  Problem I ran into with the diagnostic page, is that the color areas printed just fine.  The Cyan, Magenta, Yellow solid color bars, the somewhat crosshatched color pattern above that, and the color bars that show the stacking colors toward the bottom, all printed fine.  However, there was no black text that printed.  Actually, there was no text at all that printed on that diagnostic page.  So I'm assuming that the black cartridge is defective.

This is a fairly new printer, has only been used a handful of times and is less than one year old.

System and Printer details

Printer: HP Deskjet 3052a (wireless)

All system and device drivers are up to date as well.

Student
lilpixie1485
Message 2 of 3 (975 Views)

Re: Black areas not printing correctly (HP Deskjet 3052a)

Did you ever find an answer to this?  I am having the same issue, and I feel like I've tried everything I can find on the topic.  Help please!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 3 of 3 (946 Views)

Black areas not printing correctly (HP Deskjet 3052a)

Hi there,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor to make sure this problem isnt software related-=- located here:

http://goo.gl/Ujpib

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation