Bluetooth probs for HP Photosmart C5500 (9614 Views)
Honor Student
aeBudd
Message 1 of 4 (9,614 Views)

Bluetooth probs for HP Photosmart C5500

I've been trying to hook my printer up with the Bluetooth, but the only way my printer will work is if it's hooked up to the computer with USB.  Only had this computer for 2 days and it just won't work.  I would appreciate anybody who could help me, I'm in desperate need and will try anything right now!  Thankyou
Teacher
boykot
Message 2 of 4 (9,553 Views)

Re: Bluetooth probs for HP Photosmart C5500

hello,

first of all make sure your computer is bluetooth capable.

go to the control panel and look for any bluetooth icon.

if you dont have bluetooth icon in the control panel, you might like to install a bluetooth device for your computer.

your printer will come with a bluetooth adapter.

plug the bluetooth adapter to the front usb port.

make sure the blue light is lit up.

press the setup button, go to bluetooth menu, press ok and look for the device address. take note of the address.

go to your computer, click Start, click Control Panel, look for Printers and Faxes, click on Add a printer.

click on Use existing port, select the USB option, and click on Next.

in the next screen, select HP for manufacturer, click Have Disk and locate your bluetooth driver. (HP Photosmart C5500 Series BT)

or

click on Hewlett-Packard for manufacturer and look for the bluetooth driver (HP Photosmart C5500 Series BT) in the product column and click on it.

finish the process.

try to print a test page and before you print, make you selected the bluetooth driver of your printer.

Good Luck!

keep me informed please..

Student
ricogarcia
Message 3 of 4 (9,457 Views)

I am have same problem with printer and I have follow all step below. My computer is setup for bluetooth. Any other advice?

your printer will come with a bluetooth adapter.

plug the bluetooth adapter to the front usb port.

make sure the blue light is lit up.

press the setup button, go to bluetooth menu, press ok and look for the device address. take note of the address.

go to your computer, click Start, click Control Panel, look for Printers and Faxes, click on Add a printer.

click on Use existing port, select the USB option, and click on Next.

in the next screen, select HP for manufacturer, click Have Disk and locate your bluetooth driver. (HP Photosmart C5500 Series BT)

or

click on Hewlett-Packard for manufacturer and look for the bluetooth driver (HP Photosmart C5500 Series BT) in the product column and click on it.

finish the process.

Student
racarman245
Message 4 of 4 (7,716 Views)

My roommate and I bought an HP Photosmart C5500 series BT printer. We both installed the software and added the printer via Bluetooth. It worked for a couple of hours and then whenever we tried to print from our respective laptops a message popped up saying printing failed. I was wondering if the problem is rooted in the printers ability or inability to connect to two computers via Bluetooth simultaneously? Or....?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation