Question

Student
christ2
Message 1 of 3 (3,488 Views)

Bluetooth scanning with C5550

I have a new Photosmart C5550 that came with bluetooth. My PC is HP Pavillion dv which also came with bluetooth, I installed the printer using a USB connection.  The printer prints fine from Bluetooth, but the HP software does not give the option to scan from Bluetooth. Put another way, The USB connection allows scanning and the associated software includes a scanning option, but the same printer connected by Bluetooth does not. Before I uninstall and reinstall is there a solution to this? 
PhD Student
smartfriend
Message 2 of 3 (3,474 Views)

Re: Bluetooth scanning with C5550

I believe it's not possible to scan using bluetooth...

Please click on KUDOS if you find my solution helpful.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 3 (3,463 Views)

Re: Bluetooth scanning with C5550

+1. the bluetooth is mainly meant for printing photos directly from your phone or a similar bluetooth device. HP provides a bluetooth printer driver only, but the full functionality of the printer cannot be used by the bluetooth conenction.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation