Question

Top Student
ClareTok
Message 1 of 7 (8,537 Views)
Accepted Solution

C410 Wireless setup + Apple AirPrint

I have purchased a new HP Premium Printer (C410a), a new MacBook Pro, a new router (Asus RT-N56U). The router sits in front of a bare basic netgear ADSL2 modem.

The Asus Router acts as my DHCP server, and firewall security to my network (http://www.asus.com.au/product.aspx?P_ID=ik8J7ZTvg1uktpab&templete=2)

I have configured the printer to connect wireless to my network using WPA. My printer can connect to the internet and my wireless network - all config pages are successful. I can connect to the IP address of my printer.

I cannot connect to the printer via my MacBook Pro using the installed software and I cannot connect via my various iOS devices.

This is really frustrating me. I have tried everything I can think of. The printer has a static iP.

Can anyone help???

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 7 (8,521 Views)

Re: C410 Wireless setup + Apple AirPrint

OK, here are a couple of ideas:

Make sure the IP is outside the DHCP range and do it in this manner:

- Type the printer IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range).  Set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). 
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (ends with .1) for the gateway and first DNS. Leave the second one blank.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

Load the HP software from Apple here.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
ClareTok
Message 3 of 7 (8,493 Views)

Thanks for the response.

I tried this...

I set the IP Address to 192.168.1.100 (DHCP Range is .2 to .90)

Subnet 255.255.255.0

DNS & Gateway 192.168.1.1

Rebooted router and printer.

Could see printer on my Mac for about 3 minutes. 

Can easily connect to the printers web server.

Cannot see the printer on my iOS devices at all..

My theory is the bonjour service is being dropped by the router. Not really sure where I should be openning this up.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 7 (8,481 Views)

Is the firmware on the router updated?  Can you get to the router's settings page by typing its gateway address?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
ClareTok
Message 5 of 7 (8,467 Views)

Yes the router firmware has just been updated.

Yes I can get to the router via the gateway IP address.

Top Student
ClareTok
Message 6 of 7 (8,439 Views)

Well I just checked the firmware of the router and found a new and updated one... New then the one I updated last week when I was trying to fix this issue and all is now working...

Very Happy...

Student
EdDodge
Message 7 of 7 (248 Views)

Kare, I`ve deleted the printer & have reinstalled it again in hopes of getting the printer to work on my wonderful computer. Love ya, E

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation