Question

Honor Student
asapReps
Message 1 of 2 (1,019 Views)

C410a network setup - install software hangs when getting to installing software stage WinXP

I have a new C410A. I have connected it ONLY to my wired network (not USB or wireless). Every time I try to install the PS_AIO_07_C410_FSW_Full_Win_enu_140_222.exe software (complete or just the drivers) to Windows XP Pro 32-bit, the software starts to install, but then just goes dormant forever and never finishes the "installing" stage. I have waited 30-40 minutes. I used Process Monitor sysinternals tool and saw NO CPU usage or disk I/O once it got to "Installing software".

Once it is in this state, I cannot launch other programs. I still have control and can "close" programs, but it takes a long time.

I had closed/terminated as many programs/processes as possible before installing. I had disabled Norton AntiVirus. It doesn't matter. The same problem occurs.

When installing, I had the printer turned on and connected to the network before and during the install.

I am able to login to the printer over the network (although there were a lot of java-related errors). So I know the network and connection is good.

I just cannot get the software to install. Any ideas?

(stages shown in program's UIF)
v System check complete
v System preparation complete
> Installing software

(from Process Monitor display when software is hung up)
hpzstub.exe      PID 3464
 hpzsetup.exe          4772
  hpzsetup.exe         5384
   hpzrcv01.exe         5976

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (1,001 Views)

Re: C410a network setup - install software hangs when getting to installing software stage WinXP

Have you gone through this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=33058&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d...

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation