07-26-2011 11:46 AM
I have a new C410A. I have connected it ONLY to my wired network (not USB or wireless). Every time I try to install the PS_AIO_07_C410_FSW_Full_Win_enu_140_222.exe software (complete or just the drivers) to Windows XP Pro 32-bit, the software starts to install, but then just goes dormant forever and never finishes the "installing" stage. I have waited 30-40 minutes. I used Process Monitor sysinternals tool and saw NO CPU usage or disk I/O once it got to "Installing software".
Once it is in this state, I cannot launch other programs. I still have control and can "close" programs, but it takes a long time.
I had closed/terminated as many programs/processes as possible before installing. I had disabled Norton AntiVirus. It doesn't matter. The same problem occurs.
When installing, I had the printer turned on and connected to the network before and during the install.
I am able to login to the printer over the network (although there were a lot of java-related errors). So I know the network and connection is good.
I just cannot get the software to install. Any ideas?
(stages shown in program's UIF)
v System check complete
v System preparation complete
> Installing software
(from Process Monitor display when software is hung up)
hpzstub.exe PID 3464
07-26-2011 12:04 PM
Have you gone through this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCate
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network