C4700 Wireless Offline or Disconnected (4306 Views)
Honor Student
Ben_Gr33n
Message 1 of 7 (4,306 Views)

C4700 Wireless Offline or Disconnected

Evening all,

Ive had my HP C4700 printer since before xmas and ive had to reinstall/reconfigure the printer every week because it says the printer is offline or disconnected, the network seems to just loose the printer after a few days.

Im using Windows 7, Netgear router, WPA security, SKY broadband. 

Any help is much apreciated.

Thanks

Ben

Honor Student
Ben_Gr33n
Message 2 of 7 (4,285 Views)

Re: C4700 Wireless Offline or Disconnected

Also should have mentioned its a wireless issue im having, I can get it to work if I physically connect the printer but thats not why I bought the printer.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 3 of 7 (4,271 Views)

Is the printer really offline (run a report from Setup [Scan] > Network > Wireless Network Test when it is showing offline.  Does it have a valid IP address still?

I am trying to determine if the printer is really disconnected from the router or if your computer just can't find it.

Also when the printer indicates offline, run this: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

I am employed by HP
Student
slalomace
Message 4 of 7 (4,180 Views)

It appears to be virtually impossible to use this printer in a wireless  network without infrastructure.  That means you need to have a router that accepts the wireless signal from your computer and connects to the printer with USB (that's hard to find).

Furthermore, you can't use an ad hoc wireless network if you are using your computer to talk to a wireless modem at the same time - because the printer will have a different code than your router. And the printer appears to generate a new random code when you cycle it's power - that can cause more trouble.  I was asked to help connect this computer to a laptop and a desktop and after experimentation and multiple failures to install, I decided to connect the printer to the desktop using USB and forget about the wireless. That worked, but it's not what the printer was supposed to do.

Student
ceicacordeiro
Message 5 of 7 (1,045 Views)

gostaria de saber como colocar novamente a impressora, pois está dizendo que ela não existe.

Student
geoguzzzy
Message 6 of 7 (467 Views)

I have a hp4700 that has worked fine for over 1 year with my mac, no matter what I do it now says printer offline

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 7 (454 Views)

OK, did you change your router or any of its settings?  What router?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation