HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-30-2008 10:37 AM
Windows XP SP3
Just purchased the C6380. My printer is on the WEP network and I can enter the IP address for the printer and see it's menu and everything.
Problem is, that even with my virus software and windows firewall disabled, when I go to install the printer on my PC, it initially tells me the printer is detected and it is installing, then the dialog box ends with "printer setup has failed to complete" with no other explanation listed.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated,
08-17-2010 03:28 AM - edited 09-13-2010 09:54 AM
I think you should try this step by step procedure in order to avoid any error while [Text Removed].
1. Click on Start >Setting>Printers and Faxes Under “Printer Tasks” click on Add a Printer
2. Welcome to the Add a Printer Wizard box will appear. Click on Next> At the next Add Printer Wizard screen, click on “Local printer attached to this computer.”
3. Ensure “Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer” is not checked.
4. Click on Next > Add Printer Wizard screen, click on “Create a new port.” Click on down arrow.
5. Scroll down below “Local Port” and click on “Standard TCP/IP Port” Click on Next > An Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard box will appear.
6. Click on Next > The Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard box appears.
7. In the “Printer Name or IP Address” box, type in Network Printer Hostname. Click on Next > On the next The Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard box screen verify the printer information.
10-01-2011 05:49 AM
I had the same problem on both my Vista (x64) and 7 (x64) computers.
I have manually configured IP address (192.168.1.90) on my printer (OfficeJet Pro 8500).
I partly installed the current drivers (OJP8500vA909_Full_14.exe), but had the same issue just like you:
the printer was detected but not installed. I got the same very useful error "Printer setup has failed to complete"...
Strangely I could open the printer's web info page at my IP (http://192.168.1.90), so the network config was good.
Here is what fixed the problem for me:
- open Computer
- click on Network
- your printer should be listed there
- double-click on it and click 'continue' if it asks you to do so
This will start a driver installation. When it is finished try to run the original installation program again or click on the icon which was put onto your desktop to finish printer installation.