C7250 Wireless Networking Problem (4085 Views)
Student
USNA90
Message 1 of 5 (4,085 Views)

C7250 Wireless Networking Problem

Hello.  Here is my setup.  I have a home network consisting of a desktop PC (Windows XP), three wireless laptops (two XP & one Vista), an HP C7250 wireless printer, and an AT&T 2Wire DSL wireless router.  All computers connect to the Internet fine.  The desktop computer is connected to the C7250 using a USB cable and prints fine.  But, now I can't print from the laptops wirelessly.  However, for some reason, while trying to enable wireless printing on one of my laptops, I screwed up everything else.  Not sure what I did.

Here is my current status:

The HP Network Configuration Page shows the that the printer is offline and has no IP address.  The Wireless Network Test Report shows that the Radio is ON, Radio is working, Ethernet Cable is NOT plugged in, and the SSID is NOT FOUND (fails).  

Bottom line:  My network is NOT seeing the printer.  What is wrong?  HP Chat was not able to solve my problem.

Thanks.

Teacher
boykot
Message 2 of 5 (3,933 Views)

Re: C7250 Wireless Networking Problem

hello,

please run the wireless setup wizard again

print the network configuration page 

take note of the printer ip address

tried to ping the ip address

if you have 4 reply then you are ok

make sure you have the exact ip address with the printer driver 

try to print again

keep me informed..

Honor Student
jimwesselman
Message 3 of 5 (3,859 Views)

I too had the same problem, I was going to connect using the USB. I discovered that when you are in software setup, manually put in the IP address. Mine was like 192.168.1.87. This can be obtained from the printer (you said the radio light was on). Also check HP's site for that printer,in April,2009 they released some software that might help you.
Student
Sam18821
Message 4 of 5 (3,219 Views)

I also have been having problems with a customer 7250 connecting wirelessly to the router. The printer does pick up the router and connects to it, but the computer is having trouble finding the printer on the router. I tried to ping it but nothing. Also, I noticed that in the propeties of the printer, under "location" it say's "IP=192.168.1.1, host=4323421354. Wierd yes I know. Is that normal?

Associate Professor
Wi-Fi-Guy
Message 5 of 5 (3,189 Views)

Did the C7250 ever work or did it just stop working wirelessly?

What kind of wireless-router do you have? 

BTW -- the IP address listed seems strange.  Please reinstall the SW for the printer.  If this gets the  printer working again, then please the set the current printer's IP address as static.  You can do this from the printer's front panel under the Advanced Settings in the Network menu.,

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation