Question

Tutor
HPBEMUSED
Message 1 of 5 (1,399 Views)
Accepted Solution

C7280 - can't print jpegs - but can print docs

The C7280 happily prints documents but if I try to get it to print a jpeg - nothing happens or rather...

a) jpeg opens in windows photo gallery

b) press print

c) ensuring right printer is selected as opposed to 7280 fax

It then sits on a message 'Please wait while the printer sends information to Windows" which takes a seriously long time - 10 mins or in some cases just doesn't happen.  :-(  

Dell PC Windows Business Vista + C7280 - connected wirelessly.  Jpegs are approx 2mb in size.

Would love some advice if anyone has - had to leave for a pitch without two jpegs on Friday because I simply couldn't get the printer to print out.  The only way I can get them now is to insert into a word doc' which then happens instaneously.

Student
Lasater
Message 2 of 5 (1,388 Views)

Re: C7280 - can't print jpegs - but can print docs

I am having the same problem.  Have you found a resolution?  I am using a Dell laptop and HP 8500.  No problems with documents but can't print pictures at all from Mocrosoft.  The computer acts like it is printing but doesn't and there is nothing in the spooler.,
Tutor
HPBEMUSED
Message 3 of 5 (1,362 Views)

No - no joy although I haven't tried anything else yet and keep putting off the evil hour of having to ring HP.  Last time I did this - I sat in a queue for 1 hour 04 mins and still didn't get through.  However, I'll give this a go and see what they say.  Are you using Vista?
Tutor
HPBEMUSED
Message 4 of 5 (1,354 Views)

OK got a solution  (after sitting in the HP queue again for 40 mins) which worked for me incase it works for you and anyone else with the same problem:

Tutor
HPBEMUSED
Message 5 of 5 (1,350 Views)

oops...try again:

Solution:

1.Go to Control Panel

2.Select Printers

3. Select Add Printer from top bar

4. Select 'local' option

5. Select Deskjet 990c from drop down menu and set as default and add this.

When you then go to print, select 990c rather than 7280 (in my case) and it works!  :-)  Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation