CP 1215 and problems with D-Link Print Server (10100 Views)
mp Student
Student
mp
Message 1 of 8 (10,100 Views)

CP 1215 and problems with D-Link Print Server

I just purchased a HP Color LaserJet CP1215 and have a problem printing.  I currently use a D-Link DP-300U Print Server and have two printers hooked up to it: the CP1215 and an HP LaserJet 1100.  I have two (2) laptops and a desktop.  The laptops are a Tosiba Satellite (Windows XP) and an HP Pavilion (Windows Vista).  The desktop is a Sony VIAO (Windows XP).  I can print from the Toshiba Laptop and the Sony VIAO to both printers either wirelessly or hardwired.  I can also print from the HP Pavillion to the LaserJet 1100 either wirelessly or hardwired.  When I try to print from the HP Pavillion to the CP1215 wirelessly, the printer will not stop printing until I manually cancel the print job.  Even if I print a test page it will continue to print test pages until I manually cancel the job.  It almost seems as if there is an infinite loop whereby the print job re-initializes after it finishes.  At this point I am assuming it has something to do with Vista since it seems to work with both of the XP machines.  I don't think it is the print server.  Has anyone experienced this problem and if so were you able to correct it?  I would appreciate any input from you.

Honor Student
mmulhern
Message 2 of 8 (10,070 Views)

Re: CP 1215 and problems with D-Link Print Server

Yes, I am having the exact same problem. I have a CP 1215, connected to a Linksys Wireless G Print Server (WPSM54G) and using Vista-64.

I have tried EVERYTHING with no success. I have managed to get it to stop printing continuously, but, the problem now is, if you tell it to print say, 2 or 3 copies, maybe it prints, maybe it does not print at all. It like "disappears" into the ether and never comes out on the printer. Sometimes, it does not even print when I tell it to print directly from the print server to the printer.

Sucks....

Honor Student
dude1
Message 3 of 8 (10,033 Views)

I'm also having this problem.  I'd hoped the problem was the print server so I tried another.  It fails (endlesslessly loops through the print job) with Vista using either of these print servers: Linksys PSUS4 and D-Link DP-300U.  This is exasperating. 
Student
cibarine
Message 4 of 8 (9,925 Views)

You have to manually install the printer through the Control Panel as a Local Printer/TCP/IP Device.  You will need the IP address and Queue name from the Printer Server page.  You can find the detailed instructions at this link: http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=2705&question=dpr-1260+vista
Honor Student
dude1
Message 5 of 8 (9,911 Views)

"You have to manually install the printer through the Control Panel as a Local Printer/TCP/IP Device"  That does not resolve the problem.
Honor Student
hoborocks
Message 6 of 8 (9,284 Views)

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this site while looking for a solution.  Eventually found the answer somewhere else (at least for me).  You have to change it to an LPR queue, and check off LPR Byte Counting Enabled. (This is assuming Vista, I think).

I have some more details at my website; feel free to check it out, leave me a note if you it helped you :-).

If you're having problems with Windows Vista and a print server...

Good luck!

~Chris

Top Student
chillyham
Message 7 of 8 (7,539 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks Hoborocks, it worked for me! I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and a d-link DI-604UP router. No more wasted paper or toner! 

Honor Student
appraizer
Message 8 of 8 (6,751 Views)

Wow..Thank you ..Thank You....Thank You

I was almost at the point of returning my HP CP1215...but thanks to you it works via my 10 year old Linksys router...

Just wanted to thank you and let you know the info is greatly appreciated....good karma coming your way!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation