Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I changed locations and now have to re-setup my CP1525nw wireless printer to all the new network settings.  Only Problem is that my usual passwords that I use don't unlock the printer.  I've tried through the web-server interface and the HP Toolbox Software.  Neither will let me change the password without the original and I've exhausted all my usual Passwords.  So, I finally decided to just reset it to factory defaults since I'd have to change all the wireless settings anyway.  Problem is, the Menus on the Printer say that they are disabled.  So I can't even go to Menu>Services>Reset to Factory Defaults.  I have no idea how to fux this problem.  Is there a way to hard reset this thing?

129 REPLIES 129
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I sent you a separate message to reset the printer. Please follow the instruction and let me know if your issue resolved.

ExpertOne

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos!" which is on the left. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

How do you hard factory reset this printer or CP1525n? I have the CP1525n and have the same issue with the "Menu access is disabled." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. HP should make resetting MUCH more straightforward. Please let me know how to proceed.

HP Recommended
Hello all,

Besides the option available through the menu settings, here is some info I found that may help:

http://goo.gl/PwnHT

Use at your own discretion.
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Please sen me the information, i have a CP1524 withou access to the panel or network, i need to reset the password to configure it, thansk a lot

HP Recommended

I have sent you some steps via Private Message.  Below is a link that will show you how to use this forum feature if you are not familiar with it.

How To Send A Private Message – Video:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Is there any reason why this info can't be posted to this thread? I am in the same situation and can't find a resolution anywhere.
HP Recommended

No you can have the steps as well.  I have sent you some steps via Private Message.  Below is a link that will show you how to use this forum feature if you are not familiar with it.

How To Send A Private Message – Video:
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Cp1525nw without access to the service panel as someone has set a password but it wasn't logged.

Can you pls send me the instructions to reset the printer and remove the password.

cheers,

D

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.