Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just installed a CP2025 Printer and now would like to print wirelessly.  I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba laptop.  Not sure of next step.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

KSC,

You'll want to click on Start and then click on Devices and Printers.  Once in there, you'll click on Add a Printer, and the Add Printer wizard will start.  Next you'll click on "Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer" and Windows will try to discover any available printers on your local network.  If Windows finds your CP2025, select it in the list and click Next.  The wizard will then walk you through the rest of the process.

If Windows couldn't find your printer, ensure that it is powered on and that it is connected to your local network with an ethernet cable.  Then you'll want to obtain the IP address or hostname of the printer by printing a config report.  Once you have this, you can click on the "The printer I want isn't listed" and then select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" and then type either the IP address or hostname into the appropriate field, and then the wizard should walk you through the rest of the process.

--------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accept as Solution"
I am an HP Employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.