09-21-2011 04:43 PM
You'll want to click on Start and then click on Devices and Printers. Once in there, you'll click on Add a Printer, and the Add Printer wizard will start. Next you'll click on "Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer" and Windows will try to discover any available printers on your local network. If Windows finds your CP2025, select it in the list and click Next. The wizard will then walk you through the rest of the process.
If Windows couldn't find your printer, ensure that it is powered on and that it is connected to your local network with an ethernet cable. Then you'll want to obtain the IP address or hostname of the printer by printing a config report. Once you have this, you can click on the "The printer I want isn't listed" and then select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname" and then type either the IP address or hostname into the appropriate field, and then the wizard should walk you through the rest of the process.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accept as Solution"
I am an HP Employee.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network