Question

Honor Student
dml5064
Message 1 of 4 (2,336 Views)

Can I connect wirelessly? photosmart premium c309

Hey everyone.  I have a photosmart premium c309.  I usually dont have any troubles having my laptop connect to printer but I was wondering if I could have my PC print wirelessly as well.  My PC Win XP is connect to my router via an ethernet cable with wireless networking on the PC turned off.  I have had a lot of trouble in the past connecting my PC to the printer without doing it directly with USB.  However, now the printer is in another room and I would like to pring wirlessly.  Any help would be great thanks.  And yes my printer is connected to my wifi sucessfully.

-Dave

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 2 of 4 (2,277 Views)

Re: Can I connect wirelessly? photosmart premium c309

If your printer is already connected to your router wirelessly (wireless blue light should be steady)...

Here's what you can do:

insert the HP printer CD, select add a device- select wireless as the method of connection

follow the steps as prompted .

By the way, is the computer wireless capable or is it still connected via ethernet to your router?

Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
Honor Student
dml5064
Message 3 of 4 (2,274 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi thanks,

The computer is still connected to the router via ethernet, wireless is disabled.  I don't have my CD with me is there somewhere on HP's site I can download the software required or do I have to get to the CD mailed to me?

-Dave

PhD Student
bassergitz
Message 4 of 4 (2,265 Views)

Software is free at:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3737195&lc=en&cc=au&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=au
Although I am working on behalf of HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name : )
If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly : )
Happy Troubleshooting : )
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation