Question

Honor Student
hotrodder636
Message 1 of 39 (45,042 Views)

Can't connect printer to my computer

My printer and computer BOTH are connected to my wireless network, however after each time I try to re-install my printer software to allow my computer to connect however EVERY time, the setup says that the printer is not found.  My computer did "update" the anti-virus and this appears to be when the issue happened.  I have tried the troubleshooters and it doesn't seem to work.  I need help please!!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 39 (45,038 Views)

Re: Can't connect printer to my computer

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Teacher
Scolton
Message 3 of 39 (45,034 Views)

Are you Windows 7?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudos. What other kind of recognition could I get?
Have I solved your problem? Mark solution as accepted.
I try to hate Macintosh. I really do. But I can't bring myself to hate any electronic device. :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
hotrodder636
Message 4 of 39 (44,994 Views)

I tried the HP Diagnostic file you sent, and it did not show any printers on the network,  so I clicked on the button saying None Listed,  then it listed the active network I am using on the next page and had a button at the bottom that said CLOSE.

Yes my machine is a Windows 7/64bit.

This computer has been connected to the printer since Christmas time, and after my anti-virus program updated it doesn't seem to work.  I even "shut-off" the program and it's firewalls and still could not find the printer.  I am thoroughly confused....

Teacher
Scolton
Message 5 of 39 (44,982 Views)

Start --> Computer --> Network (In sidebar)

Is it shown there as a Printer, Scanner, or Multifunction device?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I try to hate Macintosh. I really do. But I can't bring myself to hate any electronic device. :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
hotrodder636
Message 6 of 39 (44,981 Views)

No it is no shown on any of my devices. It is a Photosmart D110a. My two laptops and my iPad can't FIND the printer and they are all on the network. Furthermore, the printer itself is saying it is connected to the network. I was able to connect to the printer via the USB cable, but it continues to not be seen by my computing devices.
Teacher
Scolton
Message 7 of 39 (44,980 Views)

Well, have you tried unplugging your printer, including the network cable (unless it's wireless), waiting 5 minutes, plugging it back in, and resetting the network with the SSID and key (unless wired)?

Honor Student
hotrodder636
Message 8 of 39 (44,978 Views)

Yes, I have unplugged the router, the printer for more than 5 minutes (each).I have turned off my anti-virus program, I have re-intalled my printer driver (along with new drivers from HP website). I have tried connecting with each of my different devices and that still didn't work. So, I guess it looks like rather than having a wireless printer, I will have a second "wired" printer in my house. I have pretty much given up on this, as the issue appears to be common with a Samsung laptop, HP laptop, and iPad (which this printer is supposedly compatible with the iPad through wireless). Thank you all for your help, and if anyone can think of anything else I will definitely be listening. Thank you.
Student
urapansy
Message 9 of 39 (44,582 Views)

I cannot connect my printer to my laptop.  

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 10 of 39 (44,576 Views)

What printer?  What router?  What operating system?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation