Question
Can't connect printer to my computer
Replies (38)

Student
novicentech
Message 11 of 39 (11,848 Views)

Re: Can't connect printer to my computer

I have made numerous attempts with HP tech to get my "HP Officejet 4622" All in one multifunction printer to connect with my computer. I have been attempting to setup the "wireless" network, but the messages continue to tell me my computer and printer on operating on two different routers. I have spoken to Comcast re: this issue who stated the internet/network system (including their routers) is totally working fine. However, there may be a problem with my printer network configuration or my "new" printer is defective. Keep in mind, the network had worked in the past, but I have no clue why it is not working today!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 12 of 39 (11,817 Views)

Reset the printer network settings:

Press the (Wireless) button, and then, using the buttons on the right, scroll to and select Wireless Settings, select Restore Defaults, and then select Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

Now, try connecting again.

I am employed by HP
Student
lindakash
Message 13 of 39 (10,155 Views)

New laptop, old printer, no software. I want my laptop to recognze my hp printer Thanks!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 14 of 39 (10,131 Views)

Boy, it sure would be nice to have some details about the printer and laptop.

In the mean time, download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
Student
Savedby1
Message 15 of 39 (8,910 Views)

was working fine got a paper jam and it wouldn't work after

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 16 of 39 (8,850 Views)

Hello Savedby1.  I understand you're unable to print.

What version of Windows do you use?

What printer do you have?

Are you getting any error messages when you try to print?  If so, what are the errors you're receiving?

Were you able to clear the entire paper jam?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a wonderful day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Student
BumHead101
Message 17 of 39 (8,451 Views)

new person who needs help with their printe too connect it too the laptop

hello i see that you work for hp and i need some help with my silly printer lol

my laptop and my printer are both connected with my internet

its a wireless printer and its name it HP Deskjet 3070A

i have tried everything from disconnecting and then reconnecting it too my internet and my laptop and unplugging everything and rebooting everything i have taken all my fire wall off as it needed changing anyway, i have printed the wireless connction reports from the printer ive tried everything i have posssible found i have been onto bother ip addresses for the laptop and printer and it still cannot find the printer in the software setup i have for it off the hp website...

i have also but in my control panel in my laptop its showing up but it is saying "it is working properly and that the status is connected" but its not connected at all ....

please please please please help me !!!!!! :smileyhappy:

Grad Student
Herculean
Message 18 of 39 (8,426 Views)

Re: new person who needs help with their printe too connect it too the laptop

Hi BumHead101,

What kind of firewall/internet security software is installed on your system?

Also, what is the brand and model number of your router?

Thanks.
Student
altedgreyhotma
Message 19 of 39 (7,376 Views)

Changed router. Using HP to establish wireless connect.  Computer doesn't recognize printer.

Honor Student
Pato27
Message 20 of 39 (7,363 Views)

Hi, may I post mi question here.

I have officejet pro 8500A plus. It is only connected through wifi to may Linksys router. My computer uses de HPeprint wifi services.

I am having trouble to scan from my printer through email. when i try to scan the printer will show me a screen saying i am not connected. But the printer wifi is connect to my network and it prints through eprint. Still it doesn't scan because it says it is not connected. hours latter it may scan. Wifi signal is always at the top acording to the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation