Question

Top Student
Barbbq
Message 1 of 10 (1,683 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot connect my envy 110 e to wireless

I have been trying for many months to connect wireless from my HP Envy 110e.....I have been following a troubleshooting from Hp. I am now at the direction to add my printers mac address to my drivers so that it can access. How do you add the Mac address, no directions on how to do that. HELP!!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 10 (1,679 Views)

Re: Cannot connect my envy 110 e to wireless

You should not have to add a MAC address, unless you have MAC address filtering enabled on your router (do you?).

What router are you using?  Have you run the WIreless Setup WIzard from the front of the printer?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Barbbq
Message 3 of 10 (1,671 Views)

Mac address not enabled..I use the router that Verizon put in and I've tried the st up wizard on the printer at least 100 times!. It doesn't connect. What can be wrong? Barbara
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 10 (1,669 Views)

I don't have a 110 to play with, so these instructions may not be exact.

First, read this about Verizon routers: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02986958&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N1042

Next, on the front of the printer go to Setup > Wireless > Restore Defaults.

Let me know how that all goes.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Barbbq
Message 5 of 10 (1,660 Views)

There is no ip address listed on my printer. Do I have to now connect to the router to find it?
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 10 (1,656 Views)

According to the article I linked to your Verizon router may be the probem, here.  Did you read it and do what it instructed?

If you did a restore defaults on the printer, you will have to run the Wireless Setup WIzard again to connect the printer to your network.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Barbbq
Message 7 of 10 (1,653 Views)

I did read and printed out the directions for version F router...I will try to follow those directions when I have more time this weekend. I will let you know what happens..Thanks for your help. Barbara Quinn
Top Student
Barbbq
Message 8 of 10 (1,644 Views)

I have followed all the directions step by step...I am at check for correct IP address....test page says ip address not applicable! At top of test page it says Attention the wireless radio is not functioning. Contact Hp support. Diagnostics Wireless. Pass Wireless working. Fail Signal quality. Not run Connectivity Connected. Not run Disconnect count total. 8 Disconnect count last hour. 0 Disconnect count last 24 hours. 0 Network Network name SSID. Not run Other networks detected matching your SSID. No Wireless network detected. 0 Settings. Printer Settings consistent with wireless router Settings. Not run No filtering. Not run Channel. Not run Ssecurity. Not run Current Configuration Network name SSID. Not set. I have tried to enter it many times Hardware address MAC. 2c:41:38:ec:a7:c8 IP address. Not applicable Config source. Not applicable Communication mode. Infrastructure Authenticity type. Open system Encryption. None Do I have a lemon or can this be fixed? Thanks, Barbara
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 10 (1,639 Views)

Oh, it sounds like your radio has failed.  Please contact HP support: www.hp.com/go/totalcare (click on Printers & Monitors, there is a phone number on the resulting page).

I am employed by HP
Top Student
Barbbq
Message 10 of 10 (1,627 Views)

Thank you so much for your help. I called HPSupport and I am getting a replacement envy printer. I was so glad to find out that I wasn't the dummy who couldn't connect wirelessly! Barbara Quinn
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation