11-23-2012 01:23 PM
Added new workstation that is running windows 8. Sees the host computer and the shared 1200 fine, but cannot get to attach. have tried to download windows 8 64 bit driver from HP site, but it does not seem to contain the "inf" file? tried to hit 'connect' it tried to install and fails. tried to configure via port under control panel but runs into driver problem again. its a laserjet 1200 pcl6 printer. yikes....... am i missing something here? any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
11-23-2012 01:28 PM
Where did you get the driver ? Please download the following file and run it on your Windows 8 machine:
Hope this helps.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
11-30-2012 10:36 AM
For this product, the recommend drivers are either the Universal Print driver or the windows update driver. Have you tried either of these drivers?
Please refer to this document for the recommend drivers for your product:
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
04-20-2013 12:43 PM
We're having the same problem. Windows 8 x64 system, printer is shared. I've tried installing the drivers as dynamic and as not dynamic. Makes no difference. Getting the same message "the file ".INF" on (Unknown) is needed.". It's pointed directly to where the drivers are installed.
All the answers on the HP and Microsoft sites point to a Windows Vista problem with INF files.
Today's location of HP drivers: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
Perhaps that same problem wasn't checked at this driver release?
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network