Changine IP address on Business InkJet 2800n (3882 Views)
Top Student
jrcambron
Message 1 of 5 (3,882 Views)
Accepted Solution

Changine IP address on Business InkJet 2800n

I am moving this printer to another network.

How do I change the IP address on this device?

The device menu does not seem to have this function.

Also, are there client drivers for Windows 7 for this printer??

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (3,875 Views)

Re: Changine IP address on Business InkJet 2800n

[ Edited ]

IP addresses are issued to the printer when it is attached to a new network.  Read more about it on page 40 of the manual.

Win7 is supported.  Here is the page for downloads.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
jrcambron
Message 3 of 5 (3,864 Views)

I ask this question just for clarification and for future searchers:

Page 46 of the pdf manual (which I have downloaded) discusses uninstalling the printer software but does not specifically mention anything about using this procedure for installing the printer on a new network. 

I assume that this is because some readers not concerned with moving a printer from one network to another might get confused. 

That said, is the uninstall software page the one that that you are referring to in your post?

Thank you for your time and help!

Kudos applied!

"Accepted Solution" to be applied soon...

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (3,856 Views)

Ooops, I meant page 40 of the manual.  Post corrected.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
jrcambron
Message 5 of 5 (3,849 Views)

Re: Changing IP address on Business InkJet 2800n

[ Edited ]

Update:

Changing the IP address IS accomplished by uninstalling the printer software (see page 46 of the manual...) through the Control Panel's "Add or Remove Software" (also known as "Programs and Features" in Win 7).

I changed the IP address by using a PC running Win XP on the new network  to install the software specifying a network connection for the printer.  Because this PC was on the old network, I used the Uninstall process, described above, first.  If you use an XP PC that did not have the 2800 installed on it, you can skip the uninstalling. 

I needed to install printer drivers onto Win 7 PCs.

Using a Win 7 PC on the network,  I ran Win 7 "Install Printer" specifying a network printer installation. I had to force a search at Microsoft for an updated Business Inkjet 2800 driver.  That driver is not in the Win 7 OS's preloaded list of drivers.  Once the driver was added to the HP printer list, The installation can be completed successfully. 

Notes:

The software that came with the Printer will not install with Windows 7.  If you try, you will get a message instructing you to upgrade your Internet Explorer browser to a version greater than 5  (???)

There is no Win 7 driver in the HP download section for the Business Inkjet 2800.  There IS a Win 7 diagnostic took there, but it won't help you much...  Install the printer driver from the printer list in Win 7 forcing a update download from Microsoft as described above.

Problem solved!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation